The araya® Driverless Color Tuning and Dynamic Dimming System is comprised of the Color Tuning and Dynamic Dimming One family of modules combined with the araya® Power Dimmer, an in-wall integrated dimmer plus power supply. The Power Dimmer provides power along with dimming information to araya® modules in multiple lighting fixtures, eliminating the need for individual drivers or power supplies in every fixture. The Power Dimmer can be mounted in standard one gang (100 Watts: 1 - 6 modules) wall dimmer boxes. Power and dimming information are transferred via a variable voltage power output conducted through standard two conductor power lines to multiple fixtures. The araya® Color Tuning (CTM) or Dynamic Dimming (DDM) modules in the fixtures interpret the dim levels based on the voltage level and regulate power to the multi-channel colored LEDs. For the DDM 119 series of warm dim modules, the dimming command completes the system. For the CTM 119 series of color tuning modules (non-Bluetooth), separate color tuning commands are conveyed directly to the light engine from the araya® Light Commissioning Tool (LCT).
This system eliminates the need for a driver or power supply in each fixture. Heat from the drivers within the fixture is eliminated, allowing for increased light output in recessed insulated cans. The cooler wall box environment improves driver reliability while allowing easy accessibility and maintenance. The system can utilize existing power lines allowing for retrofit applications. For track lighting systems, a simple two-conductor track can be utilized, eliminating the need for a control line. The smooth, low voltage DC power source removes the flicker that is common in AC driverless solutions such as AC bulbs or AC light engines. Combined with a wireless LCT, the award-winning araya® CTM 119 series of color tuning modules (non-Bluetooth) are accessible.
- 100W 24V DC max base Power Dimmer in single gang box
- Dimming output voltage from 24-16V DC via a sliding lever
- 24-16V DC into 1-6 fixtures equipped with 12.5W CTM One or DDM One modules
- CTM 119 and DDM 119 typical peak output of 800 Lumens (at 12.5W)
- Protections: Output Open load, over current and short circuit and over-temperature with auto recovery
- Conducted and radiated EMI; compliant with FCC CFR, Title 47 Part 15 Class B at 120V AC
- Class 2 power out, double insulated between input and output
- The DDM One series of warm dim modules uses the MR16 halogen dimming profile
- Three interchangeable faceplate color options included: glossy white, glossy light almond, and glossy dark brown (trim plate not included)